What volunteering with us is all about
Healthwatch Lancashire has an active group of more than 30 local, experienced and skilled volunteers who help the organisation to be a public voice for health and social care in Lancashire.
In the past 12 months, volunteers have helped Healthwatch Lancashire listen to the experiences, views and stories of more than 6,000 people in Lancashire.
The volunteers make a fantastic contribution to listening to people across the county about their views on how health and social care services are delivered and their experiences of using them by undertaking a range of activities from speaking to people in their GPs to visiting community groups.
Healthwatch offer the following opportunities to our volunteers:
- Enabling volunteers to utilise their existing skills and build new ones
- Flexible volunteering hours
- Meeting new people
- Ongoing training including, Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity
- Develop more social networks
- Recognition for your commitment
- Expenses paid & uniform provided
- Most importantly – your contribution will make a difference!
Healthwatch Lancashire is looking for more volunteers who are willing to listen to people’s views about health and social care in Lancashire.
If you are interested in supporting our engagement activities in locations such as hospitals, GP practices, care homes and community engagement, please get in touch by calling 01524 239100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org