Mental health and wellbeing plan: Improving everyone’s mental health today
The department of Health and Social Care has this month, opened a consultation regarding mental health and wellbeing in England. This consultation is in response to the public priorities and needs as a society to come together in changing things for the better for ourselves and others within our community.
As a result of this, the Department of Health and Social Care has launched a discussion paper that asks the public a series of questions that support the development of their 10-year plan for mental health and wellbeing for the country.
Within the discussion paper, the public is being asked:
- How can we all promote positive mental well-being?
- How can we all prevent the onset of mental ill-health?
- How can we all intervene earlier when people need support with their mental health?
- How can we improve the quality and effectiveness of treatment for mental health conditions?
- How can we all support people living with mental health conditions to live well?
- How can we all improve support for people in crisis?
To participate in this discussion, you can complete the online survey. The closing date for this is 11.45 pm on Tuesday 5th July 2022.
You can also take part by printing a copy of the discussion paper here, and returning your responses via post. Please use the following address:
Mental health and wellbeing discussion paper
Department of Health and Social Care
39 Victoria Street
You can also find an Easy Read version of the ‘Mental health and wellbeing plan: Call for evidence’ available too.