Healthwatch Together launches New Hospitals Programme roadshows
A series of events in communities across Lancashire and South Cumbria, Healthwatch Together’s roadshows allow local people to find out more about the New Hospitals Programme and have their say.
What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch is the independent national champion for people who use health and social care services, with a particular focus on those who find it hardest to be heard. It finds out what matters to people and makes sure their views shape the support they need. There is a Healthwatch in every area of England. The New Hospitals Programme is working with the Healthwatch teams serving Blackpool, Blackburn and Darwen, Lancashire and South Cumbria. Collectively, the group is known as Healthwatch Together.
What are the Healthwatch Together roadshows?
The events are an opportunity for local people to meet Healthwatch representatives face-to-face to find out more about the New Hospitals Programme, ask questions and put forward their ideas and opinions. One discussion point at each event will be the long list of possible solutions for hospital facilities in Preston, Lancaster and Barrow-In-Furness. More information about the long list of proposals can be found on the New Hospitals Programme’s website.
Healthwatch Together roadshow schedule
In November, Healthwatch Together can be found at the following locations across the region, where COVID-19 guidelines will be strictly adhered to:
- Leyland Tesco, Towngate, Leyland, PR25 2FN – Tuesday 2 November, 10am to 3:30pm
- Kendal Town Centre ‘Birdcage’ adjacent to Market, Finkle Street, Kendal, LA9 4AB – Wednesday 3 November, 10am to 3pm
- Gujarat Hindu Society and Community Centre, South Meadow Lane, Preston, PR1 8JN – Thursday 4 November, 6pm to 8.30pm
- Ulverston Indoor Market, New Market Street, Ulverston, LA12 7LJ – Monday 8 November, 10am to 3pm
- Lancaster Market, Market Square, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 1HT – Saturday 13 November, 10am to 3:30pm
How else can local people have their say about the New Hospitals Programme?
The Healthwatch Together roadshows are just one way that local people can get involved with the New Hospitals Programme. There are a series of online surveys, workshops, focus groups and other opportunities for people across the region. Find out more on the Get Involved page of the programme’s website.