Have your say on the Lancashire Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) consultation
Decisions on whether to open new pharmacies are made by NHS England Lancashire Area Team and when making the decision NHS England is required to refer to the local Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA).
Lancashire Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) has a statutory responsibility to publish and keep up to date a statement of the needs for pharmaceutical services of the population in its area, referred to as pharmaceutical needs assessment (PNA) that needs to be published before 1st of April 2015.
The PNA includes information on:
- Pharmacies in Lancashire and the services they currently provide
- Maps of providers of pharmaceutical services in Lancashire.
- Relevant services in neighbouring areas.
- Potential gaps in provision and likely future needs for the population of Lancashire.
- Opportunities for existing pharmacies in providing local public health services and join the healthy living pharmacy scheme.