New Hospitals Programme Roadshows
Healthwatch Together have collaborated to organise a series of events designed to hear your views about the Lancashire and South Cumbria New Hospitals Programme.
The events, known as the ‘Healthwatch Together Roadshows’, have been organised in communities across Lancashire and South Cumbria. Each roadshow provides an opportunity for local people to find out more about the New Hospitals Programme and have their say.
What is Healthwatch?
Healthwatch is the independent national champion for people who use health and social care services, with a particular focus on those who find it hardest to be heard. It finds out what matters to people and makes sure their views shape the support they need. There is a Healthwatch in every area of England. The New Hospitals Programme is working with the Healthwatch teams serving Blackpool, Blackburn and Darwen, Lancashire and South Cumbria. Collectively, the group is known as Healthwatch Together.
What are the Healthwatch Together roadshows?
The events are an opportunity for local people to meet Healthwatch representatives face-to-face to find out more about the New Hospitals Programme, ask questions and put forward their ideas and opinions. One discussion point at each event will be the long list of possible solutions for hospital facilities in Preston, Lancaster and Barrow-In-Furness. More information about the long list of proposals can be found on the New Hospitals Programme’s website.
Throughout October and November, Healthwatch Together can be found at the following locations across the region, where COVID-19 guidelines will be strictly adhered to:
- Asda, Clayton Green, Chorley – Thursday 7 October, 11am to 5pm
- Preston Flag Market, Preston (with the HARRI bus) – Saturday 9 October, 11am to 4pm
- Preston Bus Station, Preston – Tuesday 12 October, 11am – 3pm
- Market Square, Lancaster – Wednesday 13 October, 10am to 4pm
- Forum 28, Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness (opposite the Town Hall) – Monday 18 October, 10am to 3pm
- Chorley Market, Chorley (Indoor Market) – Tuesday 19 October, 9.30am to 4pm
- Preston College, Preston (open to students as part of the Fresher’s Fair) – Wednesday 20 October, 9am to 1pm
- Sainsbury’s, Cable Street, Lancaster (with the HARRI bus) – Thursday 21 October, 10am to 3pm
- Sandgate School car park, Sandylands Road, Kendal, LA9 6JG (with the HARRI bus) – Saturday 23 October, 10am to 12pm
- Bus stop, opposite 20 Echo Barn Hill, Kendal, LA9 5NA (with the HARRI bus) – Saturday 23 October, 1pm to 3pm
- Leyland Tesco, Towngate, Leyland, PR25 2FN – Tuesday 2 November, 10am to 3.30pm
- Kendal Town Centre, ‘Birdcage’ adjacent to Market, Finkle Street, Kendal, LA9 4AB – Wednesday 3 November, 10 to 3pm
- Gujarat Hindu Society and Community Centre, South Meadow Lane, Preston, PR1 8JN – Thursday 4 November, 6 to 8.30pm
- Ulverston Indoor Market, New Market Street, Ulverston, LA12 7LJ – Monday 8 November, 10am to 3pm
- Chorley Tesco, Ackhurst Industrial Park, Foxhole Road, PR7 1NW – Thursday 11 November, 4pm to 7pm
- Lancaster Market, Market Square, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 1HT – Saturday 13 November, 10am to 3.30pm
Please check back on this page for the latest schedule of events – we will keep this page updated as new dates are added.